question about buffer mechanism

From: akrl
Subject: question about buffer mechanism
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 19:04:37 +0000

Hi all,
The question is the following:
Say I have this function:

(defun my-open-at-point (&rest _)
  (interactive)
    (org-open-at-point)
    (print (current-buffer)))

When I call it on an org link the link at point is opened and when
my-open-at-point has finished the current buffer is the one pointed by
the link.

What I cannot understand is why the buffer that is printed is still the
original one containing the link.
I would expect to see already there the buffer changed to the new one.
I miss also where and how is then set the new buffer.

I'm probably missing something really basic here.

Bests
  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org