Re: html bookmarks

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: html bookmarks
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 21:14:45 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> The Emacs web browser, EWW, supports
> bookmarking web pages. It uses its own kind
> of "bookmarks", which are different from
> ordinary Emacs bookmarks (why, I don't know).

Emacs-w3m is another web browser that "supports
bookmarking web pages" :)

It does this with an HTML file,
~/.w3m/bookmark.html, with headers and lists
and links, which are the actual bookmarks.
Then the browser browses this file like any
other web page or local HTML file!

There is good built-in support for managing the
file (e.g., add a new bookmark or section) but
I still found room to add a couple of helpers:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/w3m/bookmarks.el

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573