Best terminal emulator for emacs?

From: Ergus
Subject: Best terminal emulator for emacs?
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 02:12:10 +0200

Hi:

I'm using emacs with a -nw option. After some time I have tried gnome-terminal,
termite, guake, tilda and it looks to be almost fine with xterm after some
configuration. I am using this options in the .Xdefaults:

-------------------
*eightBitInput:   false
*eightBitOutput:  true

*termName: xterm-color
*metaSendsEscape:  true
*vt100.formatOtherKeys: 1

*ttyModes:  erase ^?

*VT100*translations: #override \
                                         !Ctrl <Key>BackSpace: string(0x7f) \n\
                                         !<Key>BackSpace: string(0x7f) \n\
                                         !~Alt Ctrl <Key>I: string("\033[A") \n\
                                         Ctrl Shift <Key>C:
copy-selection(CLIPBOARD) \n\
                                         Ctrl Shift <Key>V:
insert-selection(CLIPBOARD)
                                         !       Alt <Key>I:
string("\033[1;5A") \n\
                                         !       Alt Ctrl <Key>I:
string("\033[1;7A")

*backarrowKeyIsErase:      true

*buffered:         true
--------------------

With this I can even send C-? and C-: for example. But I still can't send
C-Backspace or C-S-Backspace. Does anyone can give me a solution to this?? I am
very tired to deal with this kind of issues for years. I can use any terminal
emulator (available in linux) but not emacs in gui (it is a long story).

I accept any solution that includes modify the xterm config as needed, change
the terminal itself for another one maybe more compatible, use the
configuration of somebody else. It will be very useful if anyone tells me
what's the better terminal emulator or configuration for using emacs, the more
compatible (even if it needs some configuration).

Thanks in advance,
Ergus