Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 07:26:01 +0200

On Wed, Sep 12 2018, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Ryan Lloyd wrote:

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I am tying to get emacs to read and send
e-mails to my email account (not gmail).

Many people, and in particular the Gnus users,
will argue that Emacs Gnus is a better choice
for mails to and from Emacs than Rmail.

Note that Gnus isn't the only option when it comes to email in Emacs. Included with Emacs is also MH-E, and there are several external packages, such as notmuch-emacs, Wanderlust, Mew and mu4e.

See also <https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryMail>.

Of the ones listed here, I only tried Gnus, which I couldn't get used to, and mu4e, which I love and use. (I also used mutt for a long time, with Emacs as editor, and I still do, occasionally; IMHO it's also a good option, but in the end I prefer having everything email-related in Emacs, not just the writing of messages.)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments