Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:35:13 +0200

YUE Daian wrote:

> However the disadvantage is that it is really
> slow. 2000+ emails in one group will stuck it
> for a long time every time I open the mail
> box.

Gnus is slow, but not that slow. I have, on my
R-Pi, 8466 mails in mail.misc, and 6648 in
mail.sent, and both open up all but instantly
for the most recent 100 or so for any of these.

I didn't try to display all of them at once
tho, but I can imagine that would take a while.

But for that to happen for you every time may
be a backend issue; I use nnml, and don't have
any experience with any others for mail.

> Also it is really complicated to setup
> and hack.

Nah, it can be somewhat complicated to setup
for normal use if you are not used to have
stuff all configuration based (i.e. all data
and settings in files).

To hack it will be as complicated as you
like it.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573