Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 22:07:47 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> We are miscommunicating. You think I'm
> talking about protocols, whereas I'm really
> talking about the essence and the nature of
> communications. Email and news groups are
> fundamentally different mediums, no matter
> what protocols are used to conduct those
> communications. E.g., there's no private
> messages in a news group.

The awesome and fascinating thing with Gnus is
that you can have all those different channels
of communications available, using different
technologies under the hood, but still
accessing them all from the same program, using
the same interface!

Writing this, in the header section is the
header

    Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help

but if I wanted to, I could add

    Cc: joe-lamer@hackers.com

and hit `C-c C-c'. That would send the message
as a post to gnu.emacs.help , but also as
a mail to Mr. Joe.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573