Fonts from specified directory

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Fonts from specified directory
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 13:41:57 +0530

Is it possible to configure Emacs to use fonts from a specified
directory?  My OS is Linux.  For instance, I have downloaded a version
of DejaVu fonts that is more recent than the one provided by the OS, and
have installed the new fonts as, say, /foo/dejavu/DejaVu*.ttf.  Is it
possible to configure Emacs to use /foo/dejavu/DejaVu*.ttf instead of
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVu*.ttf?

Thanks,
Raghu.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/