Autoremove not working because not deleting system packages

From: Garreau, Alexandre
Subject: Autoremove not working because not deleting system packages
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 02:14:53 +0200

Sometimes packages.el suggests me to autoremove packages, and I try to,
but if one package in the list can’t be removed, it don’t remove any.
And this is the case: it says me “Package `with-editor-2.5.1' is a
system package, not deleting” for instance.

Why is this whole operation atomic? is there a reason? is there another
workaround about this issue?