Re: 25.3.1 netbsd; scp tramp has long delay on first connection

From: Van L
Subject: Re: 25.3.1 netbsd; scp tramp has long delay on first connection
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 11:58:33 +1000

>> require is a built-in function in ‘C source
>> code’.
>
> If I may, `require' is a built-in function in
> `fns.c'!

I have clones of Emacs 18.53, 25, 26, 27 sources, open.

26.1 Emacs-mac 7.2 sends a click on the link `C source code’ to
   ~/2018/Sources/emacs-mac/src/fns.c

25.3.1 Emacs on link click produces a huge window frame dialog for file open. I
thought I had used the Customize UI to set: always use the
grandfather-feature-echo-area-only for that but maybe I need to magically know
to require something else. To avoid being prompted, I guess I need to set to
persist in Emacs the location of the TAGS file in the source code directory but
how?