Re: Are there some HTML tags that I can use to make certain blocks auto-

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Are there some HTML tags that I can use to make certain blocks auto-hide in eww?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 08:42:02 -0700

That option was added to hide nodes with aria-hidden=true.

That HTML attribute --- aria-hidden --- comes from the W3C ARIA Spec
(Access To Rich Internet Applications) and the motivation there was
to avoid accidentally rendering DOM nodes that have HTML content, but
are normally hidden from being rendered by JavaScript. Since one
cannot figure that out by analysing JS code (Halting Problem), we at
the time decided to introduce a DOM  attribute  that could be examined
to discover that the state of a DOM node was hidden. Later if a script
makes that node visibly, it  needs to also set that attr to false.

In the case, of EWW, since we dont run JS code, the state of
aria-hidden=true will never change to false from the  initial value
and you can safely drop those nodes.

--
Id: kg:/m/0285kf1

--