How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred file

From: Gerald Wildgruber
Subject: How to do a massive unfill paragraph operation over several hundred files?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:16:36 +0200

Hi

emacs (latest git checkout, on linux) and org-mode are my main environment for
doing (natural language) text related work.

Recently I changed the way text is processed and stored:

I no longer use hard coded line breaks introduced automatically at fill-column
with auto-fill-mode enabled;

instead I now use visual-line-mode together with visual-fill-column mode to
break lines only VISUALLY at fill-column: there are no real hard-coded line
breaks in the file, each paragraph is just one long line.

I would like to harmonize all my existing Org mode and LaTeX text files in this
way, i.e.: "unfill" every paragraph within them, -- while ideally preserving
Org mode constructs like lists, BEGIN/END blocks etc.

MY QUESTION: What would be a good way to AUTOMATE such an unfill operation,
removing all line breaks from all paragraphs over a large number of files?

Thanks

Gerald.

--
Sent with mu4e