Re: How to disable auto save on Emacs 26.1

From: Martin Šlouf
Subject: Re: How to disable auto save on Emacs 26.1
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 15:34:17 +0200

Hello,

I have been also irritated by the various 'spam' within my projects, but
than I have found this setting (keeps all the backups in single directory):

(custom-set-variables
  '(backup-directory-alist (quote (("." . "~/.emacs.d/backup-directory")))))

so I can keep my file system clean and still have the backups. I can
_recommend_ it.

Kind Regards,
Martin

P.S.

Documentation:
Alist of filename patterns and backup directory names.
Each element looks like (REGEXP . DIRECTORY).  Backups of files with
names matching REGEXP will be made in DIRECTORY.