eshell/tramp slurm use case

From: Tim Ransom
Subject: eshell/tramp slurm use case
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 10:13:28 -0400

Hello emacs people,

I like to use eshell on my local machine, and that is going great. I will
also use it and tramp to do things on a few servers. One of the servers I'm
using has slurm installed as cluster resource manager that I use to test
jobs, but when I `salloc -w <node>` eshell falls back to dumb terminal
behavior.

Is there a way I can have eshell trigger a term when I run the command, or
better yet keep using eshell with a resource manager like slurm or torque?

A second smaller question, I'm also relooking at my prompt and would like
to access the current hostname similar to the user-login-name variable. Is
there an equivalent or should I parse the eshell/pwd?

Thanks for any help!

-Tim