Re: Optimising Elisp code

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Optimising Elisp code
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 21:26:38 +0200

> I was about to say "I can do this all night",
> but then I'd be a lier because I'm running
> out of C++ books. This is the last one

I was wrong, I have yet another one, but not on
C++, but on C, namely

    @book{vägen-till-c,
      author     = {Ulf Bilting and Jan Skansholm},
      ISBN       = {978-91-44-01468-5},
      publisher  = {Studentlitteratur},
      title      = {Vägen till C},
      year       = 2000
    }

it says, page 279, that into the "new" C99
standard, from C++, they have brought the
"inline" keyword. Then they just say the same
thing, instead of a call, the insertion of
code.

They also say the previous method of getting
somewhat the same stuff has been the use of
macros. By macros, they mean the #preprocessor
replacement of text! So they think the new
"inline" is really good! And one can
appreciate that :)

Now I really need to drink a couple of beers
and ride my bike (bicycle). I haven't written
this much on gnu.emacs.help in ages. Maybe I'm
not getting older after all! That, I'd
appreciate as well...

--
underground experts united