Questions about DocView

From: Joseph C. Fineman
Subject: Questions about DocView
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 17:44:49 -0400

Please steer me to the right ng for this query if this one is not it.

I was delighted to discover, by accident, the existence of DocView in
Emacs 26.1, and have been using it since for viewing .dvi files.
However, the documentation seems to be scanty, and I would like advice
on a couple of irritations:

1.  At irregular intervals a small popup appears giving the page number
being viewed.  It is useless and often obscures what I am reading.  Is
there a way to get rid of it permanently?

2.  A few seconds after I move the cursor, it disappears, and I have to
jiggle the trackball to get it back.  I would prefer to have it stay
visible, as I use it to keep my place while looking at another window.

Thank you for your attention.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Some see the light, but wait to feel the heat.  :||