Re: Directory name to variable (dired?)

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Directory name to variable (dired?)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 07:42:52 -0800

* Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> [181008 02:57]:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 20:05, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > * Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> [181007 15:32]:

> > > Which directory?
> >   Any
>
> "/" is a directory, so you don't need a function or a variable, but I
> don't quite understand how you could be looking for "any" directory...
  I don't wish to restrict where I might navigate to and
  subsequently grab a directory path.

  I would not likely use ~/ or anything above...

  currently the specific application would be to change or
  add paths under something like ~/prj/emacs-desktops where
  project-specific desktop files are located.

  Although the application is currently of limited scope, it could
  expand, but not by much. I'm a retired programmer and just trying
  to keep my brain from atropyhing ...

  cheers
--
Tim Johnson