Re: Changing font size of all the buffers including the status line and

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: Changing font size of all the buffers including the status line and the characters shown in electric-buffer
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:28:26 +0200

Hi!

"ISHIKAWA,chiaki" <ishikawa@yk.rim.or.jp> writes:

> It is the font size of Emacs. The default is way too small on this 4K
> display and I would like to show the characters and big and
> beautiful. There are times when I want to see as many characters
> possible. But most of the times, I want to see big and crisp
> characters due to my age.

Occasionally I use these functions to increase/decrease the font size in
Emacs and in particular in the modeline.

(defun mw-increase-face-height ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((before-height (face-attribute 'default :height)))
    (cl-loop while (and (< change 42)
                        (= before-height (face-attribute 'default :height)))
             with change = 1
             do (progn
                  (set-face-attribute
                   'default nil
                   :height (max 1 (+ before-height change)))
                  (sit-for 0))
             (cl-incf change))
    (message "face height: %d" (face-attribute 'default :height))))

(defun mw-decrease-face-height ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((before-height (face-attribute 'default :height)))
    (cl-loop while (and (< change 42) (= before-height (face-attribute 'default
:height)))
             with change = 1
             do (progn
                  (set-face-attribute
                   'default nil
                   :height (max 1 (- before-height change)))
                  (sit-for 0))
             (cl-incf change)))
  (message "face height: %d" (face-attribute 'default :height)))

HTH and ciao,
             Marco