Re: `when' vs. `and' / `unless' vs `or'

From: Garreau, Alexandre
Subject: Re: `when' vs. `and' / `unless' vs `or'
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 03:25:43 +0200

Le 16/10/2018 à 17h16, Drew Adams a écrit :
>> (if (or cond cond) then else) than, canonically (and (not (and (or cond
>> cond) then)) else) (not sure about a simplified version), which is the
>> way to write it without an `if', as you said you didn’t use it if the
>> condition was more than a single sexp.
>
> As I (think I) said, I use (if (or cond cond) then else), if THEN is a single
> sexp.

Oh sorry! I misunderstood in fact, I must be tired.

> BTW, for transforming sexps with `not', `and', and `or', for readability
> or for performance reasons, I sometimes use `notandor.el'.
>
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/NotAndOr

Nice! will it be in elpa one day? ^^

Althought your Package Requirements is a list instead of a list of list
so that blocks automatical installation using package-install-file…

> Also, package `el-search.el' has similar possibilities (and many other
> good things).

Wow it seems cool, I’ll try it out when I’ve got time if I remember to.
I’ve dreamt of it I think.