Saving (and finding) markers (Was: Re: point moved despite save-excursio

From: Garreau, Alexandre
Subject: Saving (and finding) markers (Was: Re: point moved despite save-excursion, after deleting/reinserting region)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 20:08:05 +0200

I’m unaware of what other side-effects might happens because of deleting
and reinserting a region of text, but how, within a region, get all the
markers? so to restore them afterwards.

I guess these must be updated somehow when anything is changed, so there
must be a list of them somewhere, thereas allowing to fetch them
according a given region.

I’d like to try this method as it looks straightforward, I didn’t find
rightaway through describe-function nor manual how to achieve a such
thing, and `clone-buffer' doesn’t seem to work on a file-visiting buffer
(and anyway I’m expecting from org-mode to be complex enough so to
triggers unexpected behaviors and side effects if ever I trigger complex
stuff in another buffer than the original one, or with a different
file-name, etc.).