Re: Newsgroups mailing-list gateway broken thread

From: Emanuel Berg
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 14:32:50 +0200

Nuno Silva wrote:

> But why is the gateway rewriting Message-IDs?
>
> Your post, seen from USENET, has:

> And on Gmane:

I don't know. I don't know what kind of program
the "gateway" is or how it gets its data from
either the mailing list or the newsgroup.
I don't know where it is physically or who
maintains it, or if it was just left with the
switch "on" ages ago. Whoever wrote it could be
cutting rock in Siberia for all I know.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573