Re: Where is Emacs Lisp taught ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Where is Emacs Lisp taught ?
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 18:02:22 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> I'm trying to gather information about Emacs
> Lisp and specifically about where it is taught
> (bootcamps/universities, etc.)
>
> Has anybody information on that?

I don't think that Emacs Lisp in particular is
thought anywhere, but Lisp is thought at
universities around the world, sometimes as
part of courses in "functional programming",
where other languages might be included as
well, e.g. Haskell and Erlang (perhaps
sometimes SML).

I did such a course at UU in 2013-02-01 - it
was called "Advanced Functional Programming".

The Lisp wasn't Elisp tho but CL with the
SBCL compiler.

And I think it is better to teach CL than
Elisp, in all honesty...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573