Re: el-search usage (doc, strings, pcase, etc.)

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: el-search usage (doc, strings, pcase, etc.)
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 02:11:26 +0100

> Another reason was that el-search started as an experiment, and I just
> didn't know how and to what it would develop.  Now I think it would be
> worth to get some ideas into isearch but I also still want to experiment
> with el-search's interface and see how it develops.  I still get new
> ideas for what could be convenient and like that it's easy for me to try
> things out.

BTW, I first thought writing the basic features for efficient matching
would be complicated, and the user interface would be easy going.  It
turned out the opposite was true: Implementing the matching routines was
fun, but maintaining the user interface is hard work.  Mainly because
already the specification of the interface is really, much more than I
had expected.  I guess it's similar for isearch.

Michael.