Re: incremental search abandoned on mouse movements

From: Mick Bert
Subject: Re: incremental search abandoned on mouse movements
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 16:56:26 +0100

Il giorno lun 29 ott 2018 alle ore 16:11 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> ha
scritto:

> > From: Mick Bert <micbert75@gmail.com>
> > Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 14:52:13 +0100
> >
> > Since few days I've been observing a strange behavior: I start an
> > incremental search (C-s), and emacs hilights all the visible matches,
but
> > as soon as I move the mouse pointer, the search is cancelled (just like
> > pressed C-g).
> > Have I activated unconsciously a kind of option or function?
>
> What does "C-l" show you after the above?

Anyway I tried C-h L, and I obtained:

C-s [isearch-forward]
 C-w [isearch-yank-word-or-char]
 < [isearch-printing-char]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 TAB [c-indent-line-or-region]
 TAB [c-indent-line-or-region]
 C-h l [view-lossage]

Another test gives:

C-s [isearch-forward]
 b [isearch-printing-char]
 u [isearch-printing-char]
 f [isearch-printing-char]
 l [isearch-printing-char]
 e [isearch-printing-char]
 n [isearch-printing-char]
 g [isearch-printing-char]
 t [isearch-printing-char]
 h [isearch-printing-char]
 < [isearch-printing-char]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 <mouse-movement> [gud-tooltip-mouse-motion]
 C-h l [view-lossage]

Is it related to gdb-mode I am using in another buffer? Perhaps the tooltip
of gdb-mode?
--
Mick