Re: Gmane Autoauthorizer

From: Nuno Silva
Subject: Re: Gmane Autoauthorizer
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 12:41:40 +0000

On 2018-11-02, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Nuno Silva wrote:
>
>>> Indeed I have. I had to change my e-mail
>>> because Zoho blocked my outgoing mail.
>>> Probably because I sent too much they
>>> thought I was a spammer :)
>>
>> Did they block *only* outgoing? In that case,
>> you could still use the old address
>> with gmane.
>
> With the old mail, they blocked sending.
> So I can't send to anyone.

But can you still *receive*?

If you are already authorized with gmane for the groups you participate
in with that address, then you shouldn't need to send anything. You
might just want to be able to receive in case somebody sends you an
off-list reply.

(And you could always send e-mail messages through some other mail
server which is not too picky about what goes in From:)

> With the new mail, because of Gmane, I can't
> verify on it so I can't send to it. Do you
> think they will fix this problem soon?

I don't know. I do hope it gets fixed.

--
Nuno Silva