Re: Getting new mail on Microsoft

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Getting new mail on Microsoft
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 05:38:47 +0200

> From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
> Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 21:35:37 +0100
>
> MS is really a pain to use for me:/
>
> How do you get your mail using movemail ? Should I rely on an external tool
> (fetchmail comes to mind for example).
> Actually movemail as provided by GNU Emacs just fails to auth me.

What kind of server do you fetch mail from?  Do you per chance have a
shell account on that server?

> [2018-11-04 20:10:20.066] movemail: impossible de créer la boîte aux lettres
> « d:/Users/xavier/.cache/mail/.newmail-xavier%40maillard.im@mail.gandi.net »
> : Élément demandé non trouvé
>
> Something odd is happening with paths..
>
> My RMAIL files are in /d/Users/Xavier/.cache/mail which is in reality
> d:\Users\xavier\.cache\mail

Seems like these are the same directory.  Can you manually create a
file by the name it complains about,
d:/Users/xavier/.cache/mail/.newmail-xavier%40maillard.im@mail.gandi.net?

Or maybe it's a bug in ported Mailutils?