Re: Editing change groups

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Editing change groups
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:14:24 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 13:39:05 +0100
>
> Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Possible alternative approach with prior art in string-rectangle: fake
> > the change with overlays for preview, then it's easy to remove.
>
> Hmm - does that mean you also don't know how these change groups work
> ;-)

If we want an explanation how it should work, we should ask Richard
(CC'ed), because he designed and implemented this.

FWIW, the following does work for me as expected:

  (catch 'foo
    (atomic-change-group
      (insert "a\n")
      (insert "b\n")
      (throw 'foo 1)))

If you evaluate this, you get 1 as the value, and nothing inserted
into the buffer.