Re: sendmail-program with msmtpq

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sendmail-program with msmtpq
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:44:05 +0200

> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 06:22:54 +0100
> From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> in fact, no matter my online status, calling `compose-mail' after a
> previous call to `sendmail-send-it' behaves the same.
>
> I did not pay attention before but, I have many `sendmail-errors-XXXX'
> buffers with msmtpqs's output (exactly the same output than when
> calling it from the terminal).

Please show the full message you get in the *Messages* buffer after a
failure to send a message.

> Is it safe to "silent" msmtpq via an advice in the `sendmail-send-it'
> function ?

Sorry, I don't understand what that means, nor how it is related to
the issue at hand.  What do you mean by "silent"? if you mean
"silence", I still don't see where did you silence it and why do you
think it might be unsafe to do that.