Re: sendmail-program with msmtpq [SOLVED]

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: sendmail-program with msmtpq [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:10:01 -0800

Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 17:44:05 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>>
>> > Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 06:22:54 +0100
>> > From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
>> > Cc: eliz@gnu.org, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>> >
>> > in fact, no matter my online status, calling `compose-mail' after a
>> > previous call to `sendmail-send-it' behaves the same.
>> >
>> > I did not pay attention before but, I have many `sendmail-errors-XXXX'
>> > buffers with msmtpqs's output (exactly the same output than when
>> > calling it from the terminal).
>>
>> Please show the full message you get in the *Messages* buffer after a
>> failure to send a message.
>
> In fact, there is no failure just an output from the msmtpq command
> which I suspect, is not what is expected.
>
> I read through msmtpq source code (thank you FOSS) and I find a way to
> make the command be quiet.
>
> I tested it and it no longer bails out any error anywhere (and my
> mesages are either sent or queued depending my connectivity).

As an interested bystander: did you suppress the error, or did you
change the return value so it didn't return a message (only the 0)? My
understanding is that msmtpq should return 0 whether it sent the message
or queued it, right? Can't `call-process-region' ignore the message, and
only pay attention to the return value?