Re: emacsclient question: tty-setup-hook and X specific config

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient question: tty-setup-hook and X specific config
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 10:53:13 +0200

> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 23:00:50 +0100
> From: Hadrien Lacour <hadrien.lacour@posteo.net>
>
> * The tty-hook-setup hook is run as it should (on `emacs -nw` and
>   `emacsclient -nw` invocations) but doesn't load my terminal specific file
>   after the first `emacsclient -nw` call.
>       $ emacs -nw myfile
>       $ emacs --daemon
>       $ emacsclient -nw -c myfile
>       $ emacsclient -nw -c myfile
> The last line doesn't load st.el (attached).

Terminal initialization file is loaded only once into a given session.
Why is it a problem in your case?  The st.el file you show just
performs key bindings, why do you need to do that more than once?

> * I want to apply theming only for graphical frames, but If I do:
>       $ emacs --daemon
>       $ emacsclient -nw -c myfile
>       $ emacsclient -c myfile
>       $ emacsclient -nw -c myfile
>
> The theme is applied for the last two lines, even when using the -c option
> each
> time.

Not sure I understand why you thought -c had anything to do with theme
application.  Anyway, if you want a theme to be applied only to GUI
frames, how about turning on the theme in the
after-make-frame-functions hook?