Using Emacs in Place of an X Environment?

From: hunter . t . joz
Subject: Using Emacs in Place of an X Environment?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 08:19:02 -0500

Hello,

When switching to Emacs as my fulltime editing environment, I was
wondering if it could stand in place of an X session for most
uses. Naturally, there are those applications (Mumble comes to mind)
that don't have a command line interface (I've tried Barnard and I
didn't like the way it made my microphone sound distant). Another use
case that I am not sure how to get around is the JavaScript issue; I
don't think that eww supports it, given that when I tried to load a
JavaScript site, things went totally crazy and I needed to reboot the
machine. Any tips would be greatly appreciated in making Emacs my main
interface.

Thanks,

Hunter