Re: Ido and Wanderlust

From: Greg Bognar
Subject: Re: Ido and Wanderlust
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 09:54:19 +0100

I don't see how C-j is a solution.  C-j won't insert by default the attachment's
file name, so you end up having to type it after the directory (or type a
different file name).  That's very inconvenient.

Dropping back to the default prompt with C-f solves this problem -- it
"remembers" the attachment's file name so you can save it to the directory of
your choice.

But shouldn't this be considered a bug with ido, especially if it has the same
problem in other prompts?  After all, the default read-file-name *can* handle
the situation, while ido cannot.  Given that ido is advertised as a "drop-in
replacement" for read-file-name, it should provide the same functionality, one
would think.