Re: bbdbv3 with rmail

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: bbdbv3 with rmail
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 06:10:01 +0100

> From: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 12:16:50 -1000
>
> > BBDB seems a good candidate but dunno if v3 is ok (there is really
> > poor litterature with it)
>
> BBDB 3 is a bit arcane and does take time to learn and to get set up
> for the way you like to work. It can be frustrating at first, but
> believe me, your efforts will be well repaid in the end. At this
> point, I would really miss it if it were to go away. It works
> wonderfully with gnus (which is even more arcane and takes even more
> time to get right, but also greatly rewards that time and trouble).

I don't really mind to take some time to learn the tool. If I have to,
I will. But, in the old days, when bbdb was THE tool to have, there
were such good hacks to use (I remember Sacha's ones). Nowadays,
everyone is using org-mode (which is a great tool, for usre) for all
and everything and thus, little by little, the more org-mode is
growing, the less bbdb is used.

I would really like having time to transpose some hacks from bbdbv2 to
bbdbv3 but my skills and time lack :/

> BBDB v3 is a big upgrade over v2, even though documentation lags. But
> there is a mailing list and people there are very helpful.

I do not remember the ML address, do you have it ?

Thank you.

++
--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier@maillard.im                w:www.maillard.im

GPG:                           9983 DCA1 1FAC 8DA7 653A
                               F9AA BA49 09B7 8F04 DE1B