RE: associating bookmarks with paragraphs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: associating bookmarks with paragraphs
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 08:03:02 -0800 (PST)

> Yes, this is what I was aiming at. I'll give it a try.
> Just one question: How is Emacs able to determine the relevancy of
> context? I guess this only works with writing code? Doesn't this go
> into semantics? I'm probably mistaking "context" for something far
> more complicated here.

As I said, the bookmark records text immediately before and after the
bookmarked position (or positions, if recording a region).

When you jump to a bookmarked position, it looks for a match of the recorded
text that was before and after the recorded position.  If a match is found
elsewhere (not at the recorded position) then it jumps to that found match
position and asks you if you want to record that (i.e., update the bookmarked
position and context text).