Re: Show *compilation* only if build did not succeed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Show *compilation* only if build did not succeed
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 09:29:31 -0500

> Out of curiosity, is there any way to silence the “ad-handle-definition:
> ‘compilation-start’ got redefined” warning locally?  I tried wrapping my
> workaround in a (let ((ad-redefinition-action 'accept)) ...), but that
> doesn’t seem to do it.

ad-redefinition-action is consulted when compilation-start is defined
(i.e. when loading compile.el), that's why your let has no effect.

If you use the newer `advice-add` instead of the older `defadvice` you
shouldn't get any warning (it's one of the "features" I didn't bother
to port).

But you can also just do

    (setq ad-redefinition-action 'accept)

        Stefan