Re: [Windows] Emacs crashes due to faulty init.el. Exit status is still

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Windows] Emacs crashes due to faulty init.el. Exit status is still zero on windows
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 17:59:32 +0200

> From: Manas Jayanth <prometheansacrifice@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:30:12 +0530
>
> I use `emacs --script init.el` to make sure my configs run on all three
> platforms. I noticed on Windows the emacs process never returns non zero.
> Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a known issue?

I can definitely cause "emacs --script" exit with non-zero status on
MS-Windows, e.g. by calling 'error' in the script.  So please tell
more detail, and perhaps show a minimal reproducer for this issue.
Also, how did you test the exit status?

In general, I see no reason that Emacs on Windows would fail reporting
a non-zero exit status when it exits with failure: it uses the same
code as on other platforms.