Re: Gmane up again

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Gmane up again
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 17:24:34 -0700

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> For example, has anyone seen the message with
> the subject "printing to Canon's imageCLASS
> D480 from emacs on Window 10" which just turned
> up in the newsgroup? Did you mailing list guys
> get that?
>
> The only thing I can think of, if the gateway
> is indeed operational, is that Gnus deletes the
> messages locally for me, as they
> are duplicates in a manner of speaking.

Indeed I do not see any messages from the newsgroup relays here in
help-gnu-emacs mailing list with the last being January 4th.  This
correlates (correlation is not causation) with the IP address subnet
migration from the previous ISP to the new one.

I have no visibility into the newsgroup side of things.  Likewise I do
not know who to contact on the newsgroup side of things if it were to
get fixed.  If others were interested in the newsgroup gateway then
they would probably need to file a ticket with gnu sysadmin to look
into the problem.

Bob