Re: Suggestions for 1L computer to run Emacs 2019

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestions for 1L computer to run Emacs 2019
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 08:28:35 -0500

>> Indeed Apple is one of (if not *the*) most serious company in terms of
>> not letting their customers own "their" devices.
> If, indeed, Apple does privacy protection from the likes of AMI, Apple's
> justification for wanting to protect "their" devices is understandable.

I don't know what "AMI" stands for here (searching online finds way too
many possible interpretations of this acronym).

>> Not sure whether that means it's a good fit for your use case.
>> [ And not only because I haven't watched TS4.  ]
> It could be made to fit if it doesn't, but to see it everyday as an
> unattractive object

Ah, so you find it aesthetically unpleasing.  Obviously, there's no
arguing it (personally, I never want to see my desktop computer anyway
(as opposed to its screen and keyboard), so hide it anyway, whether
pretty or not).

But fashion changes.  I wouldn't be surprised if Apple comes out one
year with a device that comes with a clear case that shows the
underlying PCBs and stuff and then manages to sell that as
super-elite-cool  ;-)

        Stefan