Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:54:49 -0600

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM Kostas Zorbadelos <kzorba@nixly.net> wrote:
> In my case, the problem is consistent. Hopefully someone could give a

A few weeks ago I ran into a problem with TLS. The context was using
Org2Block. Org2Blog
runs in Emacs and talks to WordPress via XML-RPC over TLS.

Short story of my solution is that I had to configure GnuTLS to
not-use TLSv1.3. Here is the explanation:
https://github.com/org2blog/org2blog/wiki/Debugging-Stories#inexplicably-cant-login-or-do-anything
.

Here is the config, which you can only set up once, and now every tls
connection Emacs makes will use this config:

(setq gnutls-algorithm-priority "NORMAL:-VERS-TLS1.3")

The long version is how I figured it out:

https://github.com/org2blog/org2blog/wiki/Debugging#when-things-go-wrong-how-to-debug