display-line-number in term

From: Ergus
Subject: display-line-number in term
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 11:09:11 +0100

Hi Guys, I have a general question and maybe someone faced it already.

When I use global-display-line-numbers I have some issues when I open a
terminal because of the number of colors.
The lines are broken because "tput cols" reports the total with of the
window, but does not take into account the 3/4 chars taken by the line
number. A possible solution could be to disable the numbers in
term-mode, but maybe there is a better/more elegant solution.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance