next new frame's height after initial frame (Was: Font setting for runem

From: Van L
Subject: next new frame's height after initial frame (Was: Font setting for runemacs and frame)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 14:11:36 +1100

>>> However with the setting of window-system-default-frame-alist or
>>> default-frame-alist above, it takes no effect until I make a new frame
>>> (after-make-frame-functions).
>>
>> This is documented behavior: to modify the looks ofg the first frame,
>> you need to set initial-frame-alist in addition to
>> default-frame-alist.

On 26.1; NetBSD-8, a problem I have is setting the next new frame's
height to 25 after the initial frame. I get a default height of 4.

The settings I have include:

   c) Default Frame Alist: (height 25)
   d) Initial Frame Alist: (height 25)
   e) Pop Up Frame Alist: (height 25)
   f) Special Display Frame Alist: (height 14)
   a) window-safe-min-height: 1
   b) Window Min Height: 4

If I set either a) or b) directly I confuse the Minibuffer Frame's display.

Is the problem due to app default for X's resources?

How to make it do
the right thing?

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835