Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:29:40 +0900

> On Feb 19, 2019, at 5:56, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think laziness stops at the gmail.com <http://gmail.com/> boundary.
>> ;-)
>
> Agreed!  It was Gmail just recently but people are people everywhere!

There may be laziness, but also a lot of discoverability and basic knowledge
issues. I don't think most modern mail users know that unsubscribe information
is given in the list mail header. Also, in "modern" mail clients there is no
practical way to see that information (why would people want to check the
source of a message ?)

But I do understand this comment is slightly besides the point. :)

Jean-Christophe Helary