Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Vasilii Kolobkov
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 23:05:02 +0200

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Nate Bass wrote:
>> I compared my Gmail to the archives and I found that I wasn't
>> receiving mail from one particular address moasenwood@zoho.eu and I
>> think this caused me to bounce off the help-gnu-emacs mailing list.
>
> That is quite interesting.  Mail from most members came through okay.
> But mail from moasenwood@zoho.eu was frequently rejected by Gmail.  I
> don't see anything unusual about that zoho.eu (no DKIM for example)
> that would cause any difficulty.

This might have to do with the way this company having their own ideas
of what constitutes legitimate mail. E.g. if the mta host doesn't have
good repuptation with them, regardless of whether you are following all
the good practices, you most likely will end up marked as spam.

I thought it does apply to the envelope sender though, but it might as
well be that they look into the original sender for ml correspondence.