emacs or mutt ?

From: Philippe Delavalade
Subject: emacs or mutt ?
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:23:32 +0100

Hello.

I don't know if it is the right place for this question because it truns
around emacs but also around mutt.

I encounter a problem with emacs and mutt under gnu/linux.

In .emacs I have the line :
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

In .muttrc I have this line :
set editor="emacs --eval '(text-mode)'"

Formerly, when writing a message with muut, the buffer was in text-mode
and fill-mode was active.

Today, with emacs 26.1 instead of 25.3 and mutt 1.11.3 instead of
1.10.1, this is no more the case.

When I write a message in mutt, emacs is called but the buffer is in
fundamental mode and I must type M-x auto-fill-mode :-(.

I tried in .muttrc
set editor=emacs --debug-init --eval '(text-mode)'"
but nothing wrong was detected.

Can someone give me an hint to resore the right comportment ?

Thanks and sorry for the poor english.

--
Ph. Delavalade