Re: autoload seems inconsistent

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: autoload seems inconsistent
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:12:59 +0100

phillip.lord@russet.org.uk writes:

> Do you not need autoload cookies on the `define-derived-mode' forms
> also? As it
> stands, they won't be in the generated autoload file, which would give
> you them "no symbol" error.

No I don't need it, but that should not be the problem, when I
bytecompile the file I get some warnings a few about functions called
from cl package at runtime.

And a few variable undefined but in kodi-remote-build-disk-strings and
youtube-operation that should have nothing to do with that.

What seems a bit odd is taht I have such cl warnings in the
draw functions for the main / series and playlist buffers. But that said
the playlist function works despite that.

Is there a problem with cl package required at runtime? I assume it's
not recommend to use them at runtime, but can it produce such problems?

Weird, I have to say I am not to deep into lisp macros and all the
different ways when it get's executed, I mean theoretically I might got
it, but what implications that has I am not so sure.

So macros get's replaced on compile time right? The point is that if I
load the whole file it works, so what is different in the autoload way
of loading the file / package?

Looks like a small problem but I have no idea how to solve it. I guess I
could look at older versions and try to bisect the patch that introduced
the bug, because at some point as far as I know kodi-remote-series
worked with the melpa version :D.

Just a bit hard to do it automatically. Especially if melpa does some
magic with autoloads things, that I don't have in my git folder.