Re: Why gdb inside emacs cannot print out c++ object?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why gdb inside emacs cannot print out c++ object?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:02:07 +0200

> From: Kevin Gao <kkegao@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:46:30 -0700
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Seems sth wrong with my machine. Sorry for the false report.

So the problem went away somehow?

> May I ask a related question? In the local windows, instead of showing the
> value, it shows "<complex data
> type>". Is it possible to show the value of c++ object? (eg a std::map's
> value)

I think in these cases you need to provide your own pretty-printer.
See the node "Pretty Printing" in the GDB manual.  Looks like the GCC
folks already wrote such pretty-printers, see this stackoverflow
discussion:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11606048/how-to-pretty-print-stl-containers-in-gdb