Re: Problem with disappearing "table-cell" face.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problem with disappearing "table-cell" face.
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 11:41:24 -0400

> And now I wonder what did you mean by 'merge'.

My headlines are not colored specially but use different fonts, so I see
a ^M that's bold&large and is brown as well (i.e. it combines the
features of the two faces).

> I was trying to say that '^M' has 'brown'(escape-glyph) colour, while
> the rest of the (head)line is 'Blue1' (outline-1 ->
> font-lock-function-name-face).

Apparently, the face applied for control chars (escape-glyph) takes
precedence over the face applied by font-locking, then, yes.

        Stefan