Question about defcustom and load-history

From: Mauro Aranda
Subject: Question about defcustom and load-history
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:34:28 -0300

Hello everybody.

Working in a little project of mine, I found myself in the need of exploring
'load-history', after loading a file.

I noticed that for files that define customizable variables, there's a
duplicate entry for each one of them.  However, symbols defined with
'defvar'
appear only once.  Does anybody know why is that?
It took me a little by surprise to see that.

For example, after loading comint, looking at the values for the file
comint, you'll see
something like:
    (require . ring)
    (require . ansi-color)