Re: How to see the raw line endings in a file?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: How to see the raw line endings in a file?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 19:33:53 +0200

> Emacs never hides CRLF EOLs unless it says "DOS" in the mode line.  If
> your file has mixed EOL format, then either you will see "DOS" in the
> mode line or some of the lines will have ^M characters at their end.

This is what I have been trusting to be happening for many years.
 1. I see no "DOS" in the mode line before running the commands
 2. I see a mix of lines with and without ^M after running the commands

> If you see neither of these, then it isn't Emacs that converts some
> lines to DOS CRLF format, it's some other program.  And you didn't
> describe in enough detail what you do to try guessing more.

I think there must be an issue in the maven-release-plugin, even though
google haven't dug up anyone else with the same problem, and even though
the maven-release-plugin hasn't had a release since 2015.

So I've opened up a bug on the maven-release-plugin:
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-1021