Re: Emacs 26.1 on Windows is HUGE

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.1 on Windows is HUGE
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 14:26:45 +0300

> From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 12:17:40 +0100
>
> > And on different topic, did you test that C-h i works as it should? Does
> > it show the Emacs info files? There is a long-standing problem with
> > Emacs on MSYS2 about this, although IIRC only happens when you install
> > Emacs as an MSYS2 package. But since testing it only takes a few
> > seconds... (I can't test myself, computer attracted lightning)
>
> Hmmm. Sort of. If you click runemacs.exe from the windows explorer it
> works. If you launch it from a mingw64 shell, no, it doesn't. Or rather
> it works, but you get the msys info which doesn't link to Emacs.

Doesn't surprise me, since MSYS2 doesn't have a native Windows port of
Texinfo, so the place they put the manuals probably only works for
MSYS itself.  Does the shell set INFOPATH, perhaps?  If not, in which
directory do the MSYS Info files get installed, relative to the root
of the MSYS installation tree?