Re: Is there a way to abort loading .el file on condition?

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: Is there a way to abort loading .el file on condition?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 18:25:07 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to abort loading the .el file, the
> ~/.emacs file on the condition, in particular, I
> have two versions of GNU Emacs, the standard one
> 25.3.1 which I would not like to read the .emacs
> file and the one which I use for work, which
> should read the ~/.emacs file.
>
> Is there a way that a condition is inserted on top
> of the ~/.emacs file so that based on the version
> information the file loading gets aborted?

There is "non-local exits", but it is supposed to be used in relation to
errors and wouldn't maybe feel right in this case.

What about having your .emacs basically empty with only a conditional
load of a .emacs-work.el or .emacs-gnu.el file based on the version of
Emacs reading the .emacs file?

Best regards
--
Tomas